Q. How do I Log-In to a Virtual Desktop?
A: The procedure for connecting to a Virtual Desktop is the same from on or off campus. Two methods for connecting are supported:
- VMware Horizon View Client (Preferred)
- BLAST: This connection method only requires an HTML 5 compliant browser. No client necessary!
Connecting via the VMware Horizon View Client
- From your system, open a web browser and connect to the web page (https://remote.ucdenver.edu). Select the option "Install VMware Horizon View Client".
- From the download page, select and download the VMware View Client appropriate for your system. Clients are available for the following operating systems:
a. Windows 32 and 64 bit
e. Linux users should check their OS distribution repository for a client
3. Download the latest version of the VMware Horizon View client appropriate for your system.
4. Start the application that was just downloaded to begin the installation procedure.
5. Accept the default settings, when prompted for the connection server enter: remote.ucdenver.edu
6. Depending on your operating system, you may be prompted to restart, do so before proceeding.
7. Start the VMware Horizon client, login with your user name, password and select the appropriate domain.
8. Select a virtual desktop from the list.
Alternatively you can download and install the VMware Horizon client for the Configuration Manager Software Center
1. Find the Software Center by searching for it from your start menu and open it up
2. Under Available Software you should see the VMware Horizon Client as an application to install, highlight it and select the Install button.
Connecting via a HTML5 Web browser
1. The following web browsers are supported:
a. Chrome 28 or later
b. Internet Explorer 9 or later
c. Safari 6 or later
d. Mobile Safari on iOS devices running iOS 6 or later
e. Firefox 21 or later
2. From your system, open a supported web browser
4. Select the option "VMware Horizon View HTML Access"
5. Login with your user name, password and select the appropriate domain
6. Select a virtual desktop from the list.