Scheduling of Non-classroom Spaces (Large venues - the Anschutz Medical Campus)
There are numerous campus-wide programs and recurring programs that must use these large rooms to accommodate the audience size associated with the programs.
The procedure for scheduling these rooms is as follows:
All requests for recurring conferences (i.e., grand rounds, weekly seminars, etc.) or one time multi-day conferences requiring large rooms for the next fiscal year must be submitted (via the online scheduler - http://schedule.ucdenver.edu/) no later than December 1st each year.
Educational Support Services will attempt to schedule all of these events and identify any conflicts for resolution.
Confirmations will be sent out by December 15th for conferences held in the next fiscal year.
Priority for scheduling of large common spaces will be given as follows:
- a. Campus wide conferences (i.e., conferences requested by the Chancellor, Provost or Central Administration);
- b. Recurring conferences (i.e., grand rounds, weekly seminars, etc.) in an attempt to provide consistency in locations;
- c. One time multiple-day conferences(the Deans’ Offices will arbitrate if these programs conflict with any recurring conferences in a particular room); and
- d. Other conferences requiring large venues will be accommodated on a first come, first served basis.
- If there are conflicting requests from departments within a single school/college, the Deans’ Office in that respective school/college will be consulted to determine which request receives priority.
- If there are conflicting requests from multiple schools/colleges, the Dean’s Offices of both schools/colleges will be consulted to resolve the conflict and determine priority.
- Requests for these rooms received after the submission deadline will be scheduled on a first come, first served basis, if the space is available.
- Educational Support Services will maintain our NO BUMPING policy once rooms are scheduled. If a department needs a room that is already scheduled, they may contact the department already scheduled in the room to negotiate a change in the schedule, but no bumping will be allowed except by the Chancellor.