Purpose and Description
Diversity & Excellence Grants are designed to provide assistance for projects initiated by staff and/or faculty that promote diversity, inclusion and excellence on the campuses. Multiple awards of up to $3,000 each will be made. Funding will be granted for a maximum of one year; however, projects demonstrating progress may be re-submitted for consideration for continued funding.
Prioreity will be given to projects that:
- Promote and encourage collaboration between departments, staff/faculty, are inter-campus and promote institutional diversity within the larger, surrounding communities of CU’s universities;
- Have a broad impact;
- Provide evidence reflecting how the project will align and be consistent with the institution’s strategic plan for diversity;
- Provide effective, innovative approaches to meeting the critical needs in higher education, such as the recruitment and retention of historically underserved; underrepresented student populations, staff and faculty;
- Are able to demonstrate tangible results, sustainability, capacity-building and the potential for replication and scalability;
- Leverage additional resources, including financial, institutional and human.
Examples of recently funded projects are listed on the CU Diversity Website.