This is an online library research course. This tutorial was created through a collaborative effort of the libraries of the University of Colorado. It focuses on publishing in scholarly journals.
In this course faculty, staff, and students will learn to:
- Describe the role of scholarly publishing in an academic career
- List the essential steps of planning and writing a scholarly paper.
- Develop a personal publication plan
- Compare and contrast the different publishing models currently in use
- Describe the types of articles that can be written
- List the pros and cons of collaborative authoring
- Describe the tools and resources a scholarly writer needs to have on hand
View the Publish, Not Perish course