Skip to main content
Sign In

Frequently Asked Questions

On this page you will find some of the most frequently asked questions that we felt were important to highlight. For specific questions or clarification for departments, contact​.

 What is a Business Partner?

A term used across CU that refers to a unit or department's contact for payroll, hiring, time collection and other related human resource matters.


 Why are both itemized and proof of purchase receipts required for University related business purchases?

Both itemized and proof of purchase receipts are required as documentation to ensure purchases relate to official University business.


 Where can I find the Tax-Exempt certificate?

The tax-exempt certificate can be found here​. For more information visit the Procurement Service Center webpage​.3

 What does PSC stand for?

It is an acronym for Procurement Service Center (PSC), it was created in July 1999, within System Administration to streamline the administrative tasks related to procurement and payables functions for the University's campuses (Boulder, Colorado Springs, and Denver/Anschutz Medical Campus). PSC staff performs three major functions: purchasing services, payable services, and training/documentation services. See the PSC website​ for more information.


 Where can I find the latest financial and compliance-related issues?

Visit the OUC website​ for the latest updates or subscribe to OUC news and Carl's m-Fin blog​


 Where do I enter my Vacation or Sick Leave?

Employees will enter vacation and sick leave through My Leave. My Leave can be accessed through the employee portal. To view a step by step guide for setting up your My Leave preferences and submitting leave click here​.6

 What does m-Fin stand for?

m-Fin stands for management financial, it is a set of CU management financial reports created in CU’s Cognos software. For more information regarding m-Fin click here​.


© The Regents of the University of Colorado, a body corporate. All rights reserved.

Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. All trademarks are registered property of the University. Used by permission only.