UC Denver Scholarship Resource Office
Tips to Help You Prepare Your Scholarship Application
- Submit your scholarship application on time.
- Make sure you are qualified for ALL scholarship criteria.
- Are you in the field of study for which the scholarship is intended, if applicable?
- Do you meet the minimum test scores or grade point average, if applicable?
- Assemble ALL requested information in the order in which it was requested, if one is specified. Submit as a single application package.
- Include at least the minimum number of recommendations.
- Check all submissions for grammatical and spelling errors. Proofread all materials in your application.
- Make your application and essays as neat as possible.
- Make your application and essays clear.
- If requested, reference all community service work and community affiliations.
- If requested, include verification that you are enrolled or accepted to the school for which you are applying.
- If required, complete the FAFSA for financial aid.
- When retrieving letters of recommendation, obtain multiple copies and have each signed in ink. Letters of recommendation may not be considered valid if the signature is copied and not signed.
- Always save copies of your essays for future reference.
- Make an ongoing list of activities and affiliations that you are involved in to refer to when completing applications.
- Taking time on your application conveys that you will take time and do well in the endeavor you are pursuing.