Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be eligible for grants, loans, and scholarships. By completing the FAFSA, the $200 registration fee required each semester will be waived. See our Financial Aid page for more information. This should be filled out once a year, ideally in January but after you file your taxes.
1. Register/Enroll for classes. Full time for Undergrad is 12 credit hours (Fall/Spring) and 6 credit hours (Summer). Graduate students must take 5 hours to be considered full time. - NOTE: If you take only online classes, you will only receive HALF of the National average BAH. - At least one credit hour must be taken on campus. Some hybrid classes are classified as online courses. - In order to calculate the number of credit hours required to be full time, use the formula: credit hours times number of weeks (duration) = required in
2. Fill out the Request for Certification/Class Card entirely. This must be completed EVERY semester. Please submit this at least 3 weeks before the start of the semester to allow
and notate the changes in the remarks section.
- If there are any changes to your class schedule, please submit a new Request for Certification
3. If you are using benefits under Chapter 30, 1606, or 1607, you are required to verify your enrollment monthly by visiting the WAVES website.
4. Complete VA and Financial Aid Refund Release form, if needed. This is a request to have a Sponsor
payment applied to the student's account in the amount that is expected from
the VA for tuition and fees. Once the Sponsor payment is applied, it will
look as though the VA has paid their portion. The remaining Financial Aid
will become available for refund to the student. Student MUST meet all of the
following requirements to be eligible:
5. Sign up for UCDenver Health Insurance. To waive student health insurance for the Anschutz Campus click here.
CU Denver's student health insurance meets the qualifications
under Obamacare and is covered by Post-9/11 (Ch.
33). If you are utilizing the VA Hospital for medical care, you can still sign up for the school health insurance.
- Student accepted Financial Aid for the semester and is expecting a
- Student is eligible for the Chapter 33 Post 9-11 GI Bill.
- Student is classified as a resident for tuition purposes.
- A current eBenefits Summary MUST ALSO be submitted.
- Ensure it is billed to your student account by the census date.
sign up for the current semester.
6. The Heroes Clinic offers free ongoing dental care for student Veterans enrolled in classes. If you do not have dental coverage or just want an additional cleaning, make an appointment by calling 303-724-2VET (2838).7. After steps 1-2 are complete, the Office of Veteran Student Services Certifying Official will certify your enrollment and you will start receiving benefits!