Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be eligible for grants, loans, and scholarships. By completing the FAFSA, the $200 registration fee required each semester will be waived. See our Financial Aid page for more information. This should be filled out once a year, ideally in January but after you file your taxes.
1. Register/Enroll for classes. Full time for Undergrad is 12 credit hours (Fall/Spring) and 6 credit hours (Summer). Graduate students must take 5 hours to be considered full time. - NOTE: If you take only online classes, you will only receive HALF of the National average BAH. - At least one credit hour must be taken on campus. Some hybrid classes are classified as online courses. - In order to calculate the number of credit hours required to be full time, use the formula: credit hours times number of weeks (duration) = required in
2. Fill out the Request for Certification/Class Card entirely. This must be completed EVERY semester. Please submit this at least 3 weeks before the start of the semester to allow
and notate the changes in the remarks section.
- If there are any changes to your class schedule, please submit a new Request for Certification
3. Complete VA and Financial Aid Refund Release form.
This is a request to have a Sponsor payment applied to the student's
account in the amount that is expected from the VA for tuition and fees.
Once the Sponsor payment is applied, it will look as though the VA has
paid their portion. The remaining Financial Aid will become available
for refund to the student. Eligibility Requirements:
- Student accepted Financial Aid for the semester and is expecting a refund.
- Student is eligible for the Post 9-11 GI Bill.
- Student is classified as a resident for
- A current eBenefits Summary MUST ALSO be submitted. 4. Sign up for UCDenver Health Insurance. To waive student health insurance for the Anschutz Campus click here.
CU Denver's student health insurance meets the qualifications
under Obamacare and is covered by Post-9/11 (Ch.
33). If you are utilizing the VA Hospital for medical care, you can still sign up for the school health insurance.
- Ensure it is billed to your student account by the census date.
sign up for the current semester. 5. After steps 1-2 are complete, the Office of Veteran Student Services Certifying Official will certify your enrollment and you will start receiving benefits!