Now that you have been admitted to the University of Colorado Denver (CU Denver), all new students should review and complete the items below.
First-time freshmen: To ensure that you are able to register for first-semester courses at orientation, complete the following items BEFORE attending orientation.
- CU Denver FAFSA school code: 004508
- For more information or further assistance, contact FAFSA at 1-800-433-3243.
Activate your UCDAccess Student Portal (Admitted Portal)
The UCDAccess student portal (www.ucdenver.edu/ucdaccess) is your one-stop shop to complete many of your student transactions. Through the portal, you can register for courses, access your student center account, pay tuition and student fees, and much more!
Sign in to your CU Denver Email and Check it Regularly
The University assigns all enrolled students with a firstname.lastname@example.org email account. Faculty and staff will use your University email to communicate with you. Your university email is provided to you when you activate your UCDAccess student portal.
Register for Orientation
- First-time freshmen: Register for an orientation date starting April 1 by visiting your UCDAccess student portal.
- First-time freshmen are required to participate in orientation.
- Transfer students: Register for an orientation date starting April 1 by visiting your UCDAccess student portal.
- Transfer students are not required to participate in orientation.
- International students: To register for International Student Orientation, contact the International Student and Scholar Services at (303) 315-2230 and ask to speak to an International Services Coordinator. The office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Mountain Standard Time.
- International students with an F-1 or J-1 visa are required to attend both August 15, 2013 and August 16, 2013 orientations.
- Graduate students:
- Verify with your specific school, college or program before attending an orientation.
- Non-Degree and Post-Secondary students: Spring and Fall Welcomes will be held in January and August, respectively, for all new students transitioning to CU Denver.
- Fall Welcome will be held on August 16, 2013.
Pay your $200.00 Registration Deposit
Paying your $200.00 registration deposit is one of the requirements you must complete to register for courses. Once you have paid your registration deposit, it will be applied to your tuition bill.
Accept or Decline your Financial Aid Award via UCDAccess Student Portal
- After accepting loans, follow instructions to complete Master Promissory Notes and Entrance Counseling.
- Aid will disburse directly to your student account to pay tuition and fees first. Excess funds will be issued to student in a refund. (See Bursar's Office about setting up direct deposit to your bank account).
- Remember to authorize your COF (Colorado Opportunity Fund).
- For further assistance, contact Financial Aid at 303-556-2886.
Immunization Policy for Downtown Campus Students
- The immunization policy at CU Denver is intended to protect the campus community from illness and disease. All CU Denver degree seeking students are required to comply with the immunization policy. This includes students who are on active military duty and studying abroad.
- For further assistance, contact Health Center at Auraria at 303-556-2525.
Freshmen Students Must Complete a Housing Application
All freshmen are required to live on-campus unless their waiver application to live at home is approved.
- Complete a housing application OR complete and submit a housing waiver form. For more information or further assistance, visit the Housing website or call 303-556-2444.