Colorado AHEC Program’s six regional offices provide support for local health care initiatives that will serve the program’s missions and goals. In addition, they help find student and resident housing.
General information about rotation housing
- If you will need housing during your rotation you are required to register prior to the start of your rotation. It is strongly recommended that you sign up at least six (6) weeks in advance of your start date to allow sufficient time to find housing for you.
- Colorado AHEC Program cannot guarantee we will find housing for you, especially in mountain towns during peak tourist seasons, but makes every effort to find lodging in a host home or in housing that is owned or leased by the Colorado AHEC Program.
- If host housing has been arranged for you, please contact your host before your start date to confirm your arrival and finalize any special arrangements that may be needed.
- If you cancel or change a rotation you must notify your department coordinator and the regional AHEC student support services housing liaison as soon as possible. If you do not provide timely notice, you may be charged for the housing.
- Colorado AHEC Program has apartments/housing that we own or lease in Grand Junction, Alamosa, Durango, Pueblo, Greeley and Fort Collins. For other parts of the state, we find housing for you in private homes when possible.
- Colorado AHEC Program offers private rooms. Students share kitchens and sometimes bathroom facilities. Laundry services are on your own. Some AHEC owned / leased housing offers washer and dryers. Computers with Internet access are available. Phone service may be provided but you must use your own telephone calling card.
- When staying with a host family the rules vary but generally you will fix your own meals and provide for your own laundry. You will be provided a private room.
- All student/residents are expected to provide their own linens and toiletries.
- There are no overnight guests, drugs, alcohol or pets allowed in any AHEC or host housing. Exceptions to these regulations apply only to student-found housing.
Review the official AHEC housing policies here. The student support services housing liaison at each regional AHEC office will contact you with information about your housing about two weeks before your rotation begins. If you have requested housing but have not been contacted by the liaison two weeks before your rotation is scheduled to begin, please contact the regional AHEC office, your department rotation coordinator or the Colorado AHEC Program office immediately.
Regional AHEC Housing Liaison contact information