Bill Ritter to Keynote Symposium on Health Effects of
Oil & Gas Development
Public event strives to build consensus on Colorado’s public health priorities
Researchers, state and county public health representatives, and academicians will gather to explore the scientific evidence on the potential health effects of oil and gas development. The purpose of the symposium is to create a public platform to review and discuss evidence of health impacts stemming from oil and gas development, including respiratory, endocrine and other health effects in communities as well as injury prevention and occupational health and safety. The overall goal of the symposium is to build an evidence-based consensus around public health issues and priorities.
Speakers include researchers, academicians and public health representatives of:
• Former Colorado Governor Bill Ritter
• Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment (CDPHE)
• U.S. Public Health Service/National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health
• Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
• National Jewish Health
• Jefferson County Public Health
• Colorado School of Public Health
*The event is free and includes lunch, and is open to all who are interested in learning about the health effects of oil and gas development.