An Action-Oriented Meeting of Social-Justice Minded People
The event will be held in the Tivoli in the morning and move to St. Cajetan's in the afternoon.
Sponsored by: The International Social Justice Counseling and Advocacy Consortium (ISJCAC): The National Institute for Multicultural Competence (NIMC) and the Students Association with the Department of Political Science at the University of Colorado, Denver
• Work with others to define “social justice.”
• Learn about an “Integral Approach to Mental Health.”
• Meet with other colleagues, students, physical/mental health practitioners, and community activists from diverse countries and communities to explore innovative strategies to promote the health and well-being of persons subjected to various forms of injustice.
• Learn about the meaning and practice of cultural hegemony nationally and internationally and its implications for people’s health and well-being.
• Explore research supported social justice mental health practices.
• Explore the impact of White superiority and privilege as they are perpetuated in the United States, Latin/South American, Asia, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Iraq, Afghanistan, and Africa.
• Learn new ways to deal with structural and individual violence that is fostered by the United States.
• Discuss the interest and commitment of conference participants to implement an International Community-Building Project Proposal.
Limited technology will be used to overcome financial and geographic barriers to building solidarity nationally and internationally. You may attend the conference via Skype.
Donations: students $5.00 – other people $10.00
Persons unable to make a donation attend FREE.