Sign up for New Student Orientation, required for all fall semester freshman admits. While dates are available from late spring through the summer, space is limited.
- If you haven't already done so, claim your UCDAccess account. For help, visit myaccount.ucdenver.edu
- Log in to UCDAccess with the login info emailed to you
- On the Student tab, click "Sign up for Orientation” in the right hand column
- Complete your reservation by filling in all the necessary fields
Get the most out of your New Student Orientation. You'll spend the day getting the final pieces in place before your first semester on campus. The more you can get done in advance, the easier your day will be!
Be ready to register! See what classes are offered, and bring your list from the Course Catalog
Did you know you can apply for housing at any time? But if you haven't already, you will learn more about housing at New Student Orientation.
Complete the current year's Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or pay your $200 advance registration payment.
For more information about orientation, visit New Student Orientation, or call 303.315.3503.
We have made an important policy change to our on-campus living requirement. We are removing the residency requirement that new freshman students live in Campus Village Apartments.
Beginning in Fall 2015, incoming freshman students are not required to live in any facility as a condition of enrollment. But we are more than happy to help you find housing nearby.
For more information about housing, visit Housing and Residential Education, call 303.556.2444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Know, and meet the full list of eligibility criteria to receive aid
- You will need to be a degree-seeking student
- You must be enrolled at least half time
Apply for financial aid
- Apply for a Federal Student Aid PIN. The student and one parent of a dependent student must have a Federal Student Aid PIN to sign the FAFSA electronically
- Minimize the amount of information you will need to send to facilitate processing your application (like your social security number) by utilizing the IRS Data Retrieval Tool
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), school code 004508
The Financial Aid Office communicates requirements, 'to dos' and award info via your university email, so be sure to check it often.
If you are notified of an award, congratulations! If you haven't received an award yet, you may still need to fulfill certain requirements. Get more info about your award and/or review your 'to do' list in UCDAccess.
Once you're awarded, be sure you follow the appropriate steps to receive your aid.
For more information about financial aid, visit Financial Aid & Scholarship Office, call 303.315.1850 or email email@example.com.
To ensure the health and safety of our campus, proof of immunization is required prior to registering. To comply:
- Download the Immunization Compliance Form
- Mail to:
Auraria Immunization Office
Campus Box 15, PO Box 173362
Denver, Colorado 80217
- OR hand deliver the form and your records during normal business hours to the Immunization Office, Plaza 149
For more information about the Auraria Campus immunization policy, visit msudenver.edu/healthcenter/immunizationrequirements/ for details.
Before you register
- Know when to register
- Complete the current year's Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or pay your $200 advance registration payment
- Research and select your classes in the current Course Catalog
You're all set! To register:
- Log in to UCDAccess with the login info emailed to you
- Click Register for Classes, then select the appropriate term/track.
- Verify and authorize the College Opportunity Fund (COF), if applicable
- Search for your desired course, select the proper section and "Select Class" (Be sure to check "Wait list if class is full")
- Repeat until you have registered for all of your classes
For more information about registration, visit the Office of the Registrar, call 303.315.2600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search and apply for scholarships:
- Complete the current year's Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Search scholarships on the Scholarship Resource Center website, discover their individual requirements and whether you're eligible
- Login to the Prospective Student Portal
- On the Finances tab, scroll down to Scholarships heading and click "Ways to Apply for Scholarships"
- Click on the Student Center, and find the Scholarship Application link under the Finances banner
Check your application eligibility, and the status of your submitted scholarship application on UCDAccess. Remember to keep track of your community engagement, work and volunteer hours as well as your academic achievements. The scholarship application is open Dec 1 through Mar 1 for the following academic year.
For more information about scholarships, visit the Financial Aid & Scholarship Office, call 303.315.3540 or email email@example.com.
Be sure to request official final high school transcripts with your graduation date posted and have them sent to the Office of Admissions.
After you have registered for classes, you may obtain your student ID. Note that your student fees pay for an RTD Smart Card pass so you can ride local public transportation without an additional charge. Smart Cards are available two weeks before classes begin.
The Auraria Campus Bookstore will have listings in the store and online indicating required texts before classes begin. Visit aurariabooks.com for details.
Know where to park and how much it costs. If you're living at Campus Village, you may purchase a permit for on-site parking. Remember--Your RTD smart card pass allows you to ride local public transportation without an additional charge.
Click here to check out opportunities for becoming an engaged and involved CU Denver student. And be sure to watch for information and invitations to welcome week events.