Global Health News:
- The Center for Global Health has entered into an exciting partnership with the nationally-distributed Guatemalan magazine, Contrapoder. This CU Newsroom story explains how the collaboration began, and why students care about sharing their medical knowledge with distant audiences.
- 9News Denver broadcast a story about the Center for Global Health's multi-disciplinary project to improve health and healthcare services in rural Guatemala - see the broadcast.
- Center for Global Health at the Colorado School Public Health designated a World Health Organization (WHO) Collaborating Center - see the news release.
- Bill & Melinda Gates grant awarded to Center for Global Health at the Colorado School of Public Health - see the news release.
- University of Colorado, School of Medicine Student, Andrew Brookens works in Bolivia battling Chagas Disease Read the article. Andrew is also a recipient of the Robinson Durst International Student Scholarship which aided him in his travel to Bolivia. To learn more about this scholarship click here.
- Filmmaker and Executive Director of 'Come Let's Dance,' Shane Gilbert spoke of hope and change starting with African youth in Uganda Learn about her work.
Child Health Advocacy: On the Front Lines
Global Child Health Advocacy: On the Front Lines, a recently published book tells the inspiring tale of pediatricians who recognized serious clinical issues around the world and made it their life’s work to address them. “These are stories of pediatricians who refuse to take ‘no’ for an answer when it comes to children and families,” says Steve Berman, MD, co-author of the book and Director of the Center for Global Health. To purchase, click here.
Now accepting applications!
The Global Health Service Partnership (GHSP) is an exciting union of the Peace Corps and the Global Health Service Corps that will expand opportunities for doctors and nurses to work abroad as medical educators. To hear a recent NPR story about the GHSP, follow this link. To learn more about the GHSP, go to their website.
GHSP is now accepting applications for the 2014 rotation! Extended deadline is December 6th. Get the latest details here.
Global Impact Corps: Global Health Volunteer Abroad Experience is an immersive global health experience, wherein volunteers participate in and learn from Unite for Sight's health delivery programs, which have provided care to more than 1.5 million patients. Year-round sites in Ghana, Honduras and India. Click here to learn more.
Finding a Job in Global Health:
Check out this informative video from the London School of Tropical Hygiene and Medicine about creating a career in Global Health. Presented by Greg Martin, MD, MPH, MBA.
Global Health Job-Search Resources