Technology is increasingly at the center of academic life: for teaching, learning, administration and research. However, we realize that technology is a tool to be used by the faculty, student or staff members and is not the reason you are here at the Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. Our purpose here in the Office of Information Technology Services is to insure that use of technology is a routine part of life for the School of Pharmacy community. The ITS office staff is a group of highly trained, experienced professionals dedicated to providing you with the kind of service that you deserve and expect. We are constantly seeking ways to improve both our technical knowledge and our professionalism and welcome your comments and suggestions.
We are committed to serving you quickly, competently and professionally.
- The staff of the SSPPS ITS Office
Who We Are:
The Office of Information Technology Services (ITS) consists of three full-time staff members. To contact us, click on the "IT Services Staff" link at the left.
For tips and ideas on using technology and information about campus technology outages, follow us on Twitter. Click "Follow" in the sidebar at the left, or on Twitter: @SPSSTech
What We Do:
The ITS staff maintains and provides assistance in using the computing resources associated with the School of Pharmacy. We are happy to assist all SSPPS students, staff and faculty. Our services include:
- Help with Windows and Macintosh desktop operating systems and applications
- Installation and troubleshooting of computer hardware for SSPPS faculty and staff
- Limited hardware repair (ask us for details)
- Help with use of campus network and server resources
- Help with the purchase of hardware or software
- Coordination with other university technology providers, where appropriate
- Referral to other sources for technology assistance, where appropriate
- Support and maintenance of the computers in the Pharmaceutical Care Learning Center (PCLC)
- Computer security issues including anti-virus and anti-spyware software
- SSPPS website updating and maintenance and assistance with web page design and content. *
- Planning and development assistance for instructional technology projects. *
- Consultation in integrating technology and effective teaching methodologies.*
- Training in the use of computer hardware and software *
- Liaison with other university IT units
- Representation of the School of Pharmacy on university technology committees and councils
*Contact us to discuss the services we can offer in these areas.
Availability of Services
Support services through the Skaggs School of Pharmacy ITS Office are normally available from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Mondays through Fridays (other hours may be possible by special arrangement). If possible please call to schedule an appointment for assistance; we may be out assisting other users if we are not expecting you.
ITS also offers student support in Education 2 North during the Fal and Spring semesters. The location and hours can be found on the Student Support page.