Applications Moving to NursingCAS
The College of Nursing will be moving our application process to NursingCAS for spring 2017. NursingCAS is an online tool used by many schools and colleges of Nursing to process applications. NursingCas provides customer support and verification of materials received for you application. The application for spring 2017 will open February 1, 2016 and will close June 15, 2016.
NOTE: If you have applied for prior semesters and now want to reapply you will need to apply through NursingCAS and complete the application.
1. A nursing degree (BSN) from a regionally accredited institution.
2. Nursing degree with CCNE or ACEN (formally NLNAC) program accreditation.
3. (1) copy of the official transcripts from each college or university ever attended will need to be submitted to NursingCAS. (Address provided below). *Please note that current and previous University of Colorado (Anschutz Medical Campus, Boulder, Denver, Colorado Springs) students will need to submit official transcripts to NursingCAS.
4. Four (4) letters of professional reference - at least one academic reference is strongly recommended. (Submit requests for references to be uploaded electronically on your behalf by your reference writers in the "Supporting Information" section.)
5. Completion of a nursing research course from a regionally accredited institution, with a grade of C or better.
6. Completion of a statistics course from a regionally accredited institution, with a grade of C or better.
7. Copy of current and unencumbered nursing license. (Please upload this item in the "Supporting information" section.)
8. Out-of-state applicants must submit a copy of their current and unencumbered nursing license and must obtain a current Colorado nursing license prior to starting their program of study if doing clinical course work in Colorado. Please visit the Colorado Board of Nursing website for detailed information.
9. Minimum undergraduate nursing degree GPA of 3.0 or higher.
10. The GRE and/or (12) credits of graduate level coursework at a 3.0 or higher is required for those applicants whose undergraduate nursing degree GPA is less than 3.0. The official GRE score and/or graduate coursework must be completed prior to the application deadline.
11. Language Requirement - Please visit our website for language requirements.
12. Applicant Interview Day - Additional information will be forthcoming for applicants to the programs that participate in Interview Day.
APPLICATION DEADLINE INFORMATION
Although it is not required, all applicants are encouraged to submit their application to NursingCAS 6 weeks prior to the deadlines listed, as it can take up to 4-6 weeks for NursingCAS to receive and verify applicant transcripts. Please do not wait on transcripts and references/recommendations to be received by NursingCAS before submitting your application. This will help to ensure that your application is reviewed in a timely manner.
Applicants should monitor the NursingCAS application portal weekly after application submission for completion of tasks such as verification of your transcripts and receiving recommendations. Notifications regarding your application will only be sent through the NursingCAS portal, and it is the applicant’s responsibility to check and take action on necessary tasks or if missing items are identified.
Please Note: All materials submitted in support of your application become the property of University of Colorado College of Nursing. We cannot return materials or copies to applicants. Thank you for considering the University of Colorado College for your graduate school needs.