Neuro-Ophthalmology Fellowship Program
Welcome to the Department of Neurology
Program Director: Victoria Pelak, M.D.
The University of Colorado offers a one-year AUPO FCC compliant Neuro-Ophthalmology fellowship for qualified physicians who have completed residency training in neurology or ophthalmology.
The fellowship is jointly offered by the Department of Neurology and Department of Ophthalmology. Core program faculty include: Prem Subramanian, MD, PhD (Ophthalmology Chief); Victoria Pelak, MD (fellowship director); and Jeffrey Bennett, MD, PhD. Fellows in the Neuro-Ophthalmology fellowship will be appointed as clinical instructors in Neurology and Ophthalmology. Clinical activity takes place in the UCHealth Sue Anschutz-Rodgers Eye Center on the Anschutz Medical Campus, which is headquartered in the 135,000-square-foot Rocky Mountain Lions Eye Institute building. A graduate of the Neuro-ophthlamology Fellowship program will be exceptionally well-prepared to diagnose and mange all aspects of neuro-ophthlamic conditions. The presence of ophthalmology-trained and neurology-trained core faculty allows fellows the opportunity to pursue their specific interests.
Applicants for this fellowship program must:
- Be eligible for full University of Colorado Hospital credentialing.
- Meet *requirements to obtain a Colorado medical license prior to the start of the fellowship.
- Complete a residency in neurology or ophthalmology prior to the start of fellowship.
- Be board-certified or board-eligible in neurology and/or ophthalmology.
Applications for the Neuro-Ophthalmology program are received on a rolling basis and interviews are offered as qualified candidates are reviewed until the position has been filled.
Fellowship Postion Status
2019-2020 – Fellowship position filled
2020-2021 – Fellowship position open
2021-2022 – Fellowship position open
- Intent to Apply Form
- Personal Statement
- 3 Letters of Recommendation(one must be from current/former residency program director or equivalent)
- Copy of USMLE/COMLEX Score (1, 2, & 3) Reports
- ECFMG certificate (if applicable)
*Requirements and criteria for a Colorado Medical License can be found on the Department of Regulatory Agencies page:
Application materials should be sent to: