Applications for Summer 2014 are avaiable. Download the application.
*If it asks you for a username and password, please hit cancel.
If you wish to apply for the Cancer Research Summer Fellowship offered through the University of Colorado Cancer Center, please include the following items with your application packet:
- A brief essay explaining why I wish to apply for a Fellowship and how I expect this fellowship will increase my motivation towards a career in cancer research. Please write about the three projects you indicated on the front of this form (the essay must be not more than 2 double-spaced, typewritten pages).
- Official Transcript(s) for the last 12 months. Please be sure to give your school plenty of time to fill your request. If you have newly transferred, please include your transcript from your former University.
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which must be from a science teacher.
- Returning fellows must include a letter from their previous preceptor. This letter may substitute for one of the two required letters of recommendation.
Fellowship are open to:
- Very advanced high school seniors
- College undergraduates
- Minority students are encouraged to apply
- We are unable to take medical or graduate students at this time
- We are unable to take foreign students without the proper visa
What to know about the Cancer Research Summer Fellowship:
- CU Cancer Center Fellows work full-time for ten weeks during the summer from June 2 - August 8.
- Fellows may not combine their research work with other significant work commitments or daytime class work.
- Fellow are paid stipends based on a weekly rate determined by their academic level at the time of application. The rate is subject to change.
- Stipends are paid in two installments of 50 percent through direct deposit as fellows complete their program requirements.
- Students from the University of Colorado Denver and Metropolitan State College of Denver can opt to receive academic credit instead of a stipend. Please indicate this choice on the front sheet of the application.
- Housing is not included in the fellowship. Fellows are required to find and pay for their own living arrangements for the duration of the program. Please view www.rotatingroom.com for a list of housing possibilities.
- Fellows must commit to completing program requirements, including attending orientation and weekly lectures and events; writing a goals and objectives report and presenting a final poster at the poster session. Students who cannot attend the poster session are required to write a final paper.
Approximate stipend amounts for 10-week fellowships in 2014 are listed below:
- High school students (we are accepting 3 high school students in 2014): $2,000
- College undergraduates: $3,000
- We are not accepting medical or graduate students at this time