Why Give to the Writing Center?
The Writing Center currently assists more than 7,500 individuals at 8 locations. We conduct more than 100 informational visits per semester, design and host 50+ in-Center workshops per semester, and collaborate with faculty in more than 20 writing-intensive courses to create in-class workshops. Off campus, we work with several local area schools, including Mapleton Expeditionary School of the Arts and the Denver School of Science and Technology, to support college-preporatory writing instruction. We also collaborate with local non-profits, including Denver Writes (a writing center for kids), to support writing instruction and enrichment for youth in the Denver Metro area.
This might sound like a lot, but we could be doing so much more:
- Most college freshman find that they are not prepared to write at the college level--the Writing Center is planning a public/private community writing center to address this need.
- The most common complaint from employers who hire CU Denver graduates is that they are not prepared to write as professionals in the field--the Writing Center is planning new workshops and increased in-class support for juniors and seniors.
- Community centers and local non-profits in the Denver Metro area are in need of writing support both to sustain their endeavors and to empower those they assist--the Writing Center is prepared to provide training to meet these needs.
- Denver Public Schools (DPS) average a 50% graduation rate from high school--the Writing Center is planning increased outreach to inner-city schools and under-funded districts so that no one is left behind.
Regretably, all of our planning remains just that--plans yet to be fulfilled. We need your assistance; DPS needs your assistance; the 50% of students who don't graduate need your assistance; the youth of Denver need your assistance. And if you are reading this page, we hope that you are interested in helping us meet all these needs through charitable giving.
If you're interested, you can become a Friend, a Sponsor, or Patron of the UCD Writing Center:
- For a donation of $100, you can become a Friend of the Writing Center
- For a donation of $250, you can become a Sponsor of the Writing Center
- For a donation of $500, you can become a Patron of the Writing Center
- For a donation of $500,000 or more, you can have one of our locations renamed in your honor.
Donors will be recognized on our website (unless anonymity is requested) and be entitled to 2 hours of free consulting services by a Professional Writing Consultant.
All donations are tax deductable.
Together, we can help write the future of education in Denver.
How to Give to the Writing Center
How can you contribute?
The quickest and easiest way is to give via the University of Colorado Foundation's online giving form. Your contribution will be acknowledged in 2-4 weeks by a letter, which will serve as your receipt.
Cash, check, and credit card are just a few of the ways you can give.