The Center for Applied Science and Mathematics for Innovation and Competitiveness (CASMIC) is designed to promote partnerships between the University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, school districts, other institutions of higher education, and the business sector to:
- Create opportunities for all students to develop the knowledge and skills necessary for career exploration in disciplines requiring math and science
- Advocate for policy that promotes teaching, learning, and research of math and science in applied settings
- Examine behavioral and social environments and their influence on math and science learning
- Bridge gaps across K-20 schools, colleges and universities, community advocates, and business partners so that students can harness math and science to be competitive in a global society
- Promote innovation across the sciences, mathematics, engineering, and technology to expand interdisciplinary learning, teaching, and research
CASMIC is funded by the University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, the National Science Foundation, private foundations, and individual donors.