The best way to learn about the College of Arts & Media is to spend some time on campus! The College of Arts & Media invites prospective students to visit campus for:
CAM visit options:
- Music students -> Attend a MEIS Open House! The MEIS Department will offer MEIS Open House events on each of the 2018-19 academic yearlive audition dates. This event is for all prospective music students and will feature a program overview, a student panel, the opportunity to sit-in on an MEIS class, lunch with the faculty, and a department tour. The 2018-19 MEIS Open House dates are November 30th, February 1st, March 1st, and March 22nd. Register for a MEIS Open House by completing this form! We encourage anyone coming to our November 30th Open House to also consider attending some of the MEIS Ensemble Festival shows on November 29th! The festival is free and open to the public.
- CAM offers Departmental Tours on most Fridays. The Department Tours are a great way to see specific department spaces. The tours are led by a department staff or faculty member who can also answer prospective student questions. We offer tours of our music facilities and our digital animation/digital design facilities on the first and third Fridays of each month from 1:00-2:00 pm. We offer tours of our film facilities on the second and fourth Fridays of each month from 1:00-2:00 pm. Prospective students can register here. The Department Tours can be paired with a CU Denver campus tour (offered on Fridays at 10:00 am and 2:00 pm). Please note that we are not able to offer tours of other areas of visual arts (photography, sculpture, painting & drawing, illustration, art history) as part of department tours. Tours in these areas should be scheduled separtely (see below).
- Attend a CU Denver Preview Day! These Friday events are designed for prospective students who want more information about the college. Attendees get to attend breakout sessions about CU Denver programs, learn all about CAM in our Overview Session, and tour the CAM department of your choice. The Spring 2019 Preview Dates will be announced soon. Prospective students and parents will soon be able to register to attend on the Admissions Office website here.
- Schedule a CU Denver campus tour through the Admissions Office! The campus tour is a general tour of campus provided by a CU Denver Student Admissions Ambassador. A brief overive presentation of CU Denver is held prior to the tour. These tours are offered every weekday at 10:00 am and/or 2:00 pm. Register for a CU Denver campus tour here. Please note that this tour does not go to most of our arts facilities on campus. Please choose one of the other options to see our art, music, and/or film facilities on campus.
- Attend a Transfer Thursday event! Every Thursday afternoon, the university offers special visit opportunities for potential transfer students. More information and registration information is available on the Transfer Thursday website.
- Visual Arts students -> Attend our Visual Arts Open House and Portfolio Review Day! The Visual Arts Department will host a Visual Arts Open House and Portfolio Review Day at a too be determined date in Spring, 2019. This event is for all prospective visual arts students and will feature a program overview, a student panel, a department tour, lunch with the faculty, and an optional portfolio review meeting with a faculty member. Register information will be available here by mid-December.
- Schedule an individual prospective student meeting/tour! If the other visit options won't work for you, we will schedule individual CAM visits. Please contact us to schedule a visit. If possible, please try to give us two weeks notice prior to your visit. To schedule your visit, please call us at 303-315-7487 or email us: CAMinfo@ucdenver.edu.
To schedule your visit to campus, please call CAM at 303-315-7487 or email us – CAMinfo@ucdenver.edu.
The following links will help you plan your trip to Denver: