Follow the steps below to claim your University of Colorado Denver Account:
1. Visit https://myaccount.ucdenver.edu
2. You must enter the following information into the online form:
- Student ID # or Employee ID #
- Last Name
- Day and Month of Birth
3. Click "Submit". If successful, your First and Last Name will appear on the right.
4. You will need to complete the five security questions you are asked.
5. After completing your security questions, create a password with the following parameters:
- Must be at least 8 characters long (letters, numbers or symbols)
- It cannot contain more than 2 characters from your: Name, Username or Student ID #
- It cannot contain dictionary words longer than 4 letters or the following symbols: (* - ; , / < or >)
- It cannot be one of your previous 12 University account passwords
- Must contain a combination of three out of the four of the following:
1. Upper-case letters (A-Z)
2. Lower-case letters (a-z)
3. Numbers (0-9)
4. Symbols (! $ # or %)
6. Once you have created your password, click "Submit" to claim your account.
- Please take note of your username and email address for future use.
7. You can now use your Windows Live ID (new email address) and password to login into the University of Colorado Denver Windows Live email system at: http://myemail.ucdenver.edu
- You will use your username and password to log in to University/Campus computers and UCD Access.
8. For issues with the Account Claiming process and other Frequently Asked Questions, please see the FAQ section by clicking on the "FAQ Tab" above.