EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITY PROGRAMS (EOP)
Since its inception in 1969, Educational Opportunity
Programs (EOP) has assisted thousands of students from underrepresented
backgrounds. We assist and support students throughout the enrollment process and their educational journey.
Many EOP graduates have remained in their respective communities
as active leaders in government, industry and various professional fields.
EOP is comprised of the American Indian Student
Services (AISS), Asian American Student Services (AASS), Black Student Services (BSs), and Hispanic Student Services
(HSS). EOP was designed to provide support to students of color and underrepresented
student populations; however, we welcome all students.
The University of Colorado Denver Educational Opportunity Programs (EOP) office provides services: a) to support underrepresented students and b) to promote a diverse and inclusive campus for all students, faculty, and staff.
- A vital source for helping underrepresented students to persist, thrive, and graduate.
- A home away from home that facilitates students’ academic, personal, and social development.
- A recognized leader in offering activities to the campus community to enrich cultural awareness.
- A valued partner with other units on campus that provide services for student success.
- A bridge that connects students to the campus, external communities, and their future as alumni of the University of Colorado Denver.
OF SUPPORT PROVIDED TO STUDENTS:
and gaining admissions to CU Denver
of active students organizations
events and activities to enhance students cross-culture understanding,
self-concept and cultural identity
in course selection to assist students in achieving academic goals
mentorship, advocacy and tutoring